Even though I rarely post on Sundays, I just felt the need to share about a potentially awesome day I should have today. My mother suggested we go to Church for the first time in more than a few years for me. It was like she read my mind because I had been wanting to attend services for a while (and will not offer up excuses as to why I haven't made the effort to get off my lazy ass and just go).
You'd think I'd be nervous about seeing people in my congregation who I haven't seen in over ten years, but I'm not. Actually, I'm looking forward to it. The Church infrastructure gives me that warm feeling; a feeling like I'm invincible. And the art, the stained-glass windows are remarkable. It's so perfect the way the sun shines through the windows at that exact time where one can see all the spectacular repertoire of colors.
After church I plan on getting some work done here, at my home-office. Then, tonight, I get a true July 4th grand finale: DJ Bad Boy Bill (one of my idols and my favorite DJ) spinning at a club in the city. Though I've drastically cut back on EDM (Electronic Dance Music [genre]) events lately, I cannot, will not miss an opportunity to see Bad Boy Bill rock the house live on Independence day! It brings me back to 1993!
I learned something new today as I do each and every day: if one leaves things to God/fate instead of planning every little detail, it all comes together; much like listening to Mozart, watching fireworks explode in the night sky beneath the heavenly stars.
-Just Jay-
wtf??
ReplyDelete