On one of my previous posts, I talked about my experiences at a rave party called Happystep, "the party that never happened."
Throughout this week, I've been going back-and-forth as to whether or not I should express my opinions on yet another real-life experience I had at this party. My choice: to write about it.
As I wrote in the previous post, the party never happened because a Chicago Police undercover police officer ended it. This police officer was very respectful and fair, and even (dare I say) a bit sympathetic to all the "kids" who had taken multiple trains and buses to get to the party venue--which was near 71st and Kedzie--having to pay out five dollars for the luxury of being sent away to party elsewhere.
The way I see it, this cop could have been rude and disrespectful, but she wasn't at all. She was just doing her job. She even entertained some of the ravers' stupid questions about permits and laws as she waited for every one to vacate the premises.
Under Daley's regime, there would have been 15 tactical cops posted up at the door, yelling and screaming at 17-year-old kids about how wrong it is to be in a bad neighborhood. True Chicago ravers and club kids know that Daley hated ravers with a double passion. So, all in all, maybe this cordial cop can be attributed to Rahm--the new mayor. Either way, I left the party without feeling the hot air I like to call ego draining out my ears--which fail to work sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment