Monday, July 18, 2011

Crystal Method...Bringing the Old-School

It was Saturday, I had a good amount of money in my pocket, and my favorite club had Crystal Method booked for a Saturday night set (i.e., show). While I can't say that I love Crystal Method as much as some of the other bigger electronic names, they always seem to rock the house, just as they were in the early nineties.

What can I say? It was an awesome performance. I got in for free. I met up with two of my close friends by chance inside the venue and they just happened to have one of my favorite flavors of candy. I was on cloud nine and I had no intention of climbing down.

The two friends I met up with were as ecstatic as I was. Of course their reasons for being their were part business, but that didn't matter. I got to chill with this girl who was so beautiful, so cute watching Crystal Method bag it up walking all over the club, attempting to get closer to Crystal Method. And even though it was loud, we talked, got to know each other. And when it was too loud to talk, I broke out my glow sticks and ran through a few of my own performances.

After the show, as you can imagine, their was mayhem outside: kids looking for their friends; drunk clubbers looking for cabs. While we were standing there outside, a young, married couple from LA approached and asked if we had any candy left. My friend with the candy said yes, but a familiar wave of paranoia shot through my veins. So I asked the buyer if he was 5-0. "NO. My name is Seth and we're from LA, just looking to party."

I believed him and the girl broke off two pieces of candy. So, you see, the great night was also contagious. That's what I absolutely love: when my awesome experiences spread to other people that I don't even know. People, that's why I still do what I do: I love seeing other people in their own, personal state of ecstasy.

It was daylight by now and my group of friends wanted to attend an after party. I was still wide awake and had a lot of party mojo in me, so I said: "for sure; who's driving?" The kid driving was a mutual friend from Michigan, who almost got into a street fight with some of the local gangbangers on the way to the after-party. We opted to stay peaceful and drove a different direction because we all agreed that a night in jail would cancel out all of the amazingness of the way we spent our night.

We finally got to the warehouse, the site of the after-party. The venue was old-school, rave style; their was a bar a few couches, and a bunch of party people mixed in from other clubs earlier that night. The only complaint I had about this warehouse venue was that it was 90 degrees with 1 high-powered fan. Much too hot.

At about 8:00 am we decided to end the night and the Michigan kid drove me to the train. I can't even put into words how awesome Crystal Method was and how great we all connected with 99% good, EDM (electric dance music) vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment