I hold many secrets. Some, I will never repeat. Others, it will take some time. But this one I'm ready to reveal.
While I didn't make the connection until later in life, I've always been the subject of stigmata. According to the modern dictionaries used by theology students, Stigmata can be described as follows:
In mysticism, marks on the body which are reputed to be re-productions of Christ's wounds. They involve varying degrees of intensity from faint red marks on the skin to actual bleeding wounds. The first well-known case is that of Francis of Assisi in 1224. (reference unknown)
I can describe stigmata a little better by relating some of my own experiences with the supernatural phenomenon. Recently, after moving back to the suburbs to live with my parents, I formed a crush on this girl. It's hard to describe what happened, but we always found ourselves in these random encounters. I don't even know her name, but I do know that she lives on my block and is ever so beautiful.
At this point in my life I was recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon and I was forced to do a lot of walking around my neighborhood, which wasn't easy. I mean, the intense pain in my Achilles...I can deal with; but all my hateful "neighbors," I can just say I didn't want to encounter them just as they didn't want to encounter me. That's where this girl (who I'll call Juliet) comes in. I gave her props; so much respect that she acknowledged me. We see each other randomly, we'd make eye contact and smile and say hello. Immature, boy meets girl stuff if you'd ask me.
After some weeks went by we were both stuck. "Juliette" has those parents who'd rather subject themselves to painful torture before letting us have a one-on-one conversation. That's when I crossed the line and disappointed God. I prayed to Him to give me the chance to see this girl under non-random circumstances, which was a mistake.
So I was out early on a Saturday morning, getting my exercise. I looked up at the sky and said: "Please let me see her now; please tell me which way." I continued to walk. I then saw my (and Juliette's) street. Just before I turned...Ouch!!! I stepped on something like a rock. The pain shot through the middle of my foot and just as I was about to take off me shoe to inspect the wound, Juliette comes driving down the street. Even though I was in pain, I waved and she waved back.
After a few days of reflection, I figured it out: my punishment for this sin was the rock I stepped on. This was one of a few stigmatic occurrences I've had this year. But the main lesson to me was: don't temp fate--God's plan--as He exists and is always watching.
Suitable for all ages, sexes and races; we aim to ensure the assurance and abundance of our followers, while, at the aforementioned time, accepting the blazon of fun you dream about.
ReplyDeletePlaystation 2 slim