Well, you wanted it, here it is: an excerpt from my official, real-life, unedited, award-winning, gf approved, Twitter-accepted... Facebook profile!
Basic Information
| About You | Where do I begin with this? FB. Nobody cares about when I was born. But I was born here in Chicago to two parents who weren't ready to have kids. They tell me to this day how they didn't plan or want me but I don't let that get me down. I'm here and I plan on staying. When I was a baby, my dad moved me into the suburbs of Chicago. I made my destiny on the streets of those suburbs. I mean, I was a horrible kid. My teachers hated me and my parents misunderstood me. I had to learn to rely on my friends. I learned young that my real family were my friends. I learned to choose my friends carefully and to only include the best, the brightest, the strongest people in "my" peer group. Yes. It's all about survival out there. I mean, if you can't rely on your friends, who can you rely on? That's what we were. A band of misfits. We were the lost souls; the kids nobody wanted to care about. All we had was us--each other. Yes. I was one of the leaders. I can't take all the credit though. I always wanted my people to be happy. I always cared and always will. For my friends, we set the expectations high, very high. I had a say in who got in or who got out. People seemed to vallue my decision-making skills. Why? I have no idea. I was just a dumb kid, trying to survive in a cruel world. I made it though. Most of my people didn't. They weren't strong enough because I couldn't be there for them. I've learned to accept that though. Sure, the pain will always be there as will the nightmares. What ever doesn't kill you does make you stronger. Anyway, I'm still here and I'm staying. I know who my friends are just as I know who the bad people are. WTF. I am like so stuck-up, so immature, so emotional and all that...I know. |
|---|
No comments:
Post a Comment