Thursday, June 9, 2011

You Want an Experience, I Want a Relationship!

The way some people do things today baffle me. Seriously! A majority of my friends will swear that they'd much rather have a one-night-stand than a stable girlfriend (or boyfriend in some cases). Why? I mean, I'm sure the sex is great but isn't it a little overrated? Where is the fun in meeting random girls in scummy bars and having to buy her $100 in mixed drinks, only to have your ego wrecked after you wake up next to a girl you don't even remember talking to?---let alone sleeping with! I really don't get it.

The way I see it, promiscuity is more of a societal problem than a personal problem. Values nowadays are taught by MTV and Jersey Shores rather than public school and family-living. Is it better to have your heart broken several times in one year versus once or twice? For me, having my heart broken once in the span of damn-near 10 years was enough! And the sad thing is, there was no sex involved! That's right; it qualified as a bona fide, "boy-girl" relationship, sure. But we (me and her) never reached the intimacy stage, and, you know what: I'm glad. The breakup was bad enough without those sexual issues. And let me tell you, the breaking up process hurt and probably always will. (I'll keep you posted on those details too.)

I always tell my followers, friends and foes: Isn't it just as good to know you could have had sex than to have actually had sex? Maybe it's that issue I have with ego!

-WordUP & Just Jay Ent.-

No comments:

Post a Comment